Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 4

By Day 4 I was on my way to Shaunavon, finally. I left Chris' and started the on route to Shaunavon. Again I tried to race the clock and make it there in as short amount of time as possible on the Nighthawk. I made the trip with haste. Unfortunately Brembles was subject to a fatal dismount while I was passing a semi on the windy #3 HWY from Lethbridge to Taber. I didn't bother turning around to pick the little bear up, because it would have been a long search I didn't want to waste the effort on.

So as I headed through the familiar towns of southern Alberta such as Taber (Jared's Hometown!!) and Seven Persons, I decided to stop for a break at Canada's best butchery. When my Dad use to long haul with his semi he would stop in Seven Persons and buy us a bunch of fresh jerky and sausage from the Seven Persons Premium Sausage Inc. Butcher's shop. I had my delicious pork sausage and continued on.

When I got to Medicine Hat I knew I was almost home. The ride was still extremely windy. I made it to Gull Lake and gave Jenna a call on my cell. I told her I'd see her in 14 minutes (usually a 30 minute drive from GL to S). And I did exactly that. When I got home, I went and visited my new next door neighbours, the Cowans. Morgan and her Fam Jam had recently moved from their farm and into town. I visited with Jenna, her new dog Layla, Morgan, Gary, and Lorie. After that I went into the house and hung out with my Mom. She was happy to see I made it home safely.

I forget what I did that night. Probably just went on the computer and stayed up late.... End of Day 4.



No comments: